Say for example, your friend had created and uploaded a promotional music video with Rapidshare, that was split into parts. There were 60 parts at 90mb, this adds up 5400mb. Thats far too big to sit there with a free Rapidshare account and waiting for the adverts and time delay before downloading….yawnzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
So you would be aware of, and most probably already have, a Rapidshare Premium account.
They are not much.. 7 euros for the month…you can always check for yourselves. Its my personal choice providing very quick download rates
Now, you want to download all of them without sitting and clicking each link and saving it to your HD.
There are a number of ways but Im only going to highlight one which works best for myself on my MacBook 10.5.6.
The program J Downloader is completely free and performs very efficiently and totally stress free.
“JDownloader is open source, platform independent and written completely in Java. It simplifies downloading files from One-Click-Hosters like Rapidshare.com or Megaupload.com – not only for users with a premium account but also for users who don’t pay. It offers downloading in multiple paralell streams, captcha recognition, automatical file extraction and much more. Of course, JDownloader is absolutely free of charge. Additionally, many ‘link encryption’ sites are supported – so you just paste the ‘encrypted’ links and JD does the rest. JDownloader can import CCF, RSDF and the new DLC files.”
Install the software and immediately when its opened, looks fairly simple and very similar to the Limewire setup.
- To set up your maximum download rate via your Rapidshare Premium Account go to the ‘Premium Hoster’ Menu tab at the top.
- Choose whatever host necessary…..in this case Rapidshare.com.
- Go to ‘Configuration’ and a new screen will open.
- Click the ‘Premium Settings’ tab and tick the ‘Premium Account #1’ this will activate, type your login details and password from your own personal Rapidshare account.
- Click the ‘Get Status’ Button and bam! If your details are correct it will highlight green and in the far right box should say ‘Account OK’.
- Click ‘OK’ at the bottom and that will close.
To add your links,
- Go to ‘File’
- Add – Add links
- Copy and Paste the links from your email or webpage. (For all the numpties who dont know how to do that…..draw a box with your mouse over the links they will highlight. Then press and hold ‘Apple Key’ on your keyboard then ‘C’ then go back to J Downloader and press + hold the ‘Apple Key’ then ‘V’)
- Click ‘Add’
A new box will open again.
- Name the Package
- Create a folder where you want it to be saved.
- If there is a password for the archives add that too because as an option (Clicking the ‘Extract’ Tick box) J Downloader will unpack the files automatically after the download. Clever hey?
- Now click ‘Accept All’ at the bottom and thats it!!!
J Downloader will start downloading the links.
You can set how many downloads at once and maximum download rates at the bottom of the link list page. Whilst checking their progress
I set mine at 1 and the highest rate possible download rate for your internet provider.
Its handy because you can do this before you hit the sack for the night and in the morning, the unpacked fresh inspirational music video will be ready for you when you wake!